How Can we Help?
Ligature Resistant Hardware
While not all incidents are wholly preventable, the CMS understand that ligature resistant hardware is the best solution to protect safety of patients in these cases.
For decades Marks USA has been working with healthcare facilities nationwide to create security and locking hardware solutions designed to address even the most demanding applications. MarksUSA delivers an unparalleled selection of long-lived, durable products, for every building and door, backed by the industry’s only Lifetime Warranty.
H.L. Flake Has Marks USA Ligature Resistant Hardware In Stock and Ready to Ship Today!
Marks USA Custom Lock Division has developed ANSI Grade 1 Institutional Life Safety Locksets to address Managed Liability, Accident Prevention, Life Safety and Security in Behavioral Health Care Institutions. The shape and construction of the 5SS55 & 5SS19 Series locksets are designed to restrict the attachment of lines, laces, etc. to door knobs and levers. In addition, with the knobs/levers recessed into the rosettes, the chance of capturing a line between the knob/lever and rosette is substantially reduced. Their Lifesaver Series of anti-ligature hardware meets or exceeds key healthcare regulations, such as JCAHO and ADA.
Institutional Life Safety Mortise Locksets
Life Test: 1,500,000 cycles minimum.
ANSI Test: Meets or exceeds all operational and security tests of ANSI specifications A156.13-2005 for series 5000, Grade 1.
Exterior & Interior Trim:
- Solid stainless steel interior and exterior tapered knobs or levers recessed into thru-bolted roses.
- Safety knobs with recessed grip and finger indents. Safety lever for handicapped access on clutch operated Mortise lock.
- Ergonomically designed grooved turn knob for deadbolt functions.
Cylinder: Solid stainless steel cylinders with solid stainless steel security collars; Optional HI-SECURITY™ cylinders available
Strike: 4-7/8″ curved lip stainless steel w/tamperproof screws
Door Thickness: 1-3/4″ standard; Extended range available
Door Prep: ANSI A115.1 lock face cutout, with 2-1/8″ through hole for knob/rose assembly
- 5 Series (2-3/4″ Backset)
- 55 Series (2-1/2″ Backset)
Lock Front: Adjustable bevel steel backplate 1-1/4″ x 8″ x 7/64″ thick, Cover plate 1/16″ thick with tamper proof screws Latch: Solid stainless steel with antifriction latch lever, 3/4″ throw (reversible)
Levers: Solid cast stainless steel. Levers Rotate up & down freely in locked or unlocked position Aux.
Deadlatch: 1/2″ throw, (reversible)
Case: Stamped steel 3/32″ thick, zinc dichromate finish Hubs: Steel, 9/32″ on diamond, 5/16″ on square w/security separator
Hub Lock Arm: (to lock hub) Steel 1/8″ thick
Spindles: Independent spring-loaded spindles
The 195SS Institutional Life Safety Cylindrical Lockset Lever is a great choice for installation in standard door cutouts. These Cylindrical locksets will replace your standard door hardware to raise the ligature resistance standards of a facility without a heavily involved isntallation.
Institutional Life Safety Cylindrical Locksets
ANSI-A156.2 Grade 1, UL listed 3 Hr. Fire Rating
- Backset: 2-3/4″ Standard, 2-3/8″, 3-3/4″, 5″ Available
- Latch #1834, stainless steel nose
- Levers: Solid cast stainless steel. Levers Rotate up & down freely in locked or unlocked position
- Levers recessed into solid stainless steel roses eliminating any open gap
- Roses: Thru-bolted, spring loaded, #10 thru-bolts
- Strike: #1135, 4-7/8″ ASA curved lip strike
- Door thickness: 1-3/4″ +/- 1/16″
- Cylinder: MARKS “C” keyway, 6 pin w/ 2 keys
- Stainless steel retractor.
|Series 5SS55||Stainless Steel||Life Safety Mortise Lockset – Knob|
|Series 5SS19||Stainless Steel||Life Safety Mortise Lockset – Lever|
|Series 195SS||Stainless Steel||195SS Life Safety Cylindrical Lockset Levers|
TownSteel takes pride in keeping people safe. More than a leading manufacturer of high-performance security lock systems, TownSteel continues to enhance personal safety while providing convenience and ease of control through their full line of entrance security solutions.
CRXA 5-Point Ligature Resistant Cylindrical Lock
The CRXA is a grade 1, heavy-duty cylindrical with 5-Point ligature resistant arch trim. It is UL 10C 3-hour rated and is OMH of New York State approved.
- For facilities housing patients at risk
- 1-3/4″, other upon request
- 2-3/4″ standard, 5″ optional
- Handed, specify handing when ordering
- Stainless steel, 9-5/8″ x 2-13/16″
- Stainless steel, 2-5/8″ projection
- Stainless steel, 1/2″ projection
- Stainless steel 1-1/8″ x 2-1/4″
- Stainless steel, ASA, 1-1/4″ X4-7/8″
- Through-bolt, tamper resistant mounting screws, for wood and metal door
- Brass with stainless steel cover, 6 pin, Schlage “C” keyway standard, 2 keys per cylinder
Small Format IC
- Available on F-84, 86
High Security Cylinder
- Available on F-84, 86, TownSteel “L” keyway, 6 pin
- ANSI/BHMA A156.2-2011 Grade 1 certified
- UL/ULC 10C listed 3-hour rating
- Meets requirements of the Buy American Act
- Meets guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act