First and foremost, our hearts go out to the individuals and communities that have been affected by the COVID-19 coronavirus.
Based on the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and with the city of Houston declaring a state of emergency, in an abundance of caution for the safety of our customers, instructors, employees and suppliers, it has become clear that we will not be able to accommodate the hundreds of guests who have registered to attend our show and therefore regret to advise you that the HLF/IKS Houston Show has been postponed.
Now the good news:
- We are looking to reschedule the Educational portion of the event on June 11-12
- We are exploring options to deliver training through webinars and other online applications so look for more to come
- We will still offer the Tradeshow Specials to all of our customers with over $30K in prizes from March 20-31!
- Sale booklets will be mailed in the next 10 days
- Emails with links to the booklet will also be sent out
- If you registered for the show, we will send an additional message regarding how crediting for classes will be handled and how to cancel hotel rooms if booked
With this being one of the largest locksmith and security professional events in the country, we know that this is disappointing for everyone.
- We felt that we had a responsibility to the industry and the community at large to take decisive action for the greater good
- A number of companies are banning employee travel, which has caused us concerns with regard to supplier and instructor availability
- Cities are now issuing restrictions on meetings of over 250 and for meetings of less than 250 to allow for 6 feet of separation for each person, which isn’t possible in a classroom setting
- Houston issued a Health State of Emergency this week due to the first case of community spread
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to continuing to serve you during this uncertain time. We appreciate your business. Thanks for all of your support!
Be safe and stay healthy!
H.L. Flake Security Hardware